Miso Eggplant & Sesame Greens JSHealth Bowl
JSHealth Bowls are my favourite go-to for quick and easy nutritionally balanced meals! This yummy Miso Eggplant bowl is a great option when you want a delicious and filling meal that won’t leave you feeling heavy.
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
- 1 eggplant
- 3 cups of shredded kale and/or baby spinach
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sesame seeds & chilli flakes (optional) to serve
For Miso sauce:
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup warm water
To book in with Core Focus Pilates please click here.
- Set oven to 180° Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Dice eggplant and lay out on baking tray, spray or drizzle with olive oil. Prepare miso sauce by mixing all ingredients together then drizzle over eggplant. Place eggplant in oven and cook for 20mins or until soft and lightly browned.
- Rinse rice or quinoa, then cook as per instructions on packet.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat and add greens. Sauté until bright green.
- Divide cooked eggplant equally into 2 bowls, adding the greens, rice and sliced avocado to each. Sprinkle with sesame seeds & chilli flakes to serve.